Almost 300 people remain unaccounted for after a ferry carrying 459 people capsized and sank off South Korea. The ferry, carrying mainly school students, was travelling from the port of Incheon, in the north-west, to the southern resort island of Jeju. Among those on board were high school students on a trip to a holiday island. Four people are now said to have died and dozens of others have been hurt. South Korean officials had earlier said that 368 people had been plucked to safety, but later said there had been a counting error. They have now revised down the number rescued to 174. The ferry sank within two hours of sending a distress signal.
World Posted by The Reporter Newspaper on April 16, 2014 at 6:18 pm
Author: The Reporter Newspaper
- Superbond ll: The Price of a Belizean Haircut Belize needs to be more innovative!
- Investor John McAfee says GSU terrorized him
- Belizeans awarded 21 scholarships to study in Taiwan
- BTL second nationalization null and void, judge rules
- Cancer prevention, lifestyle changes, possible treatment
- Central Bank predicts several lean years
- How can Belize reap the best fruits from our agricultural sector?
- BDF wins 2012 Champions’ Cup
- Dark chocolate may lower blood pressure
- Galen University growing stronger than ever
- rene.m: Is it really GOB or the same perera filling his pocket remem…
- syoung: Sorry, I meant the 4th paragraph!…
- syoung: Hello, I would appreciate if you could make 2 corrections to…
- bznbrnbrd: All this is pretty sweet thinking but you forget we live i B…
- stuffmonger: I would like to point out the deeper implications of my dis…
- Very Concerned Citizen: The Drug business is alive and flourishing in Belize.... Sti…