Fires / Weekend News

Fire guts house in Belize City

By Marion Ali, Staff Reporter

A fire, reportedly started by a lit candle, burned down a two-storey wooden and concrete house in Belize City on Friday night.

The blaze at #3 Allenby Street, started at around 6:30 p.m. when one of the two occupants, a 13-year-old, left the house with the candle burning inside, to go to a shop.

At the time of the blaze, the other occupant of the house, the girl’s mother, was at work.

The house and its contents were not insured and pplice say the cost of the damages is still uncertain.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments are closed.