General / Uncategorized / Weekend News

Fire official says Prince Street fire started on a bed

By Marion Ali, Assistant Editor

A fire which destroyed a house owned and occupied by Arilee Scott of Prince Street, was started on a bed on the upper flat.

Operations Officer at the Fire Department, Benesford Matura told reporters on Thursday that the fire which started sometime after 7:00 a.m.,
on Wednesday morning was started by something on the bed, and that electrical fault had been ruled out altogether.

At the time of the blaze, Scott was busy on the lower flat of the house and she had left her grandson, aged four, upstairs watching television.

The boy ran downstairs and told Scott the room was on fire a short while later. The house and all its contents were destroyed.

This was Scott’s second loss to fire. Ten years ago she lost a house at the same address to a blaze.

Comments are closed.