By: Marion V.Ali
The United Christian Women’s Alliance Belize, which calls itself WALLBelize, says that it rejects the Revised Gender Policy 2013. The organization, which says that its mission is to confront systems of oppression, injustice and exploitation, and to defend the unborn and women and girls, is of the view that the government is determined to implement the Policy.
WALLBelize, in a press release, takes issue the sections that it says encourage violence and disrespect against people in promoting abortion and same sex relationships, and in its earliest revision, promoting prostitution. The organization feels that these concepts are in violation of biblical preaching. Through implementation of the Policy, WALLBelize feels that the government intends to force the schools, including faith-based ones, to include these concepts in the curriculum, and this would “lead to a perverse and confused society with behaviours that would be difficult to reverse. Such a curriculum would also infringe on the rights of parents and families to raise their children in their chosen religious and spiritual orientations.”
WALLBelize encourages all faith-based schools and families to stand in solidarity with them against the Policy.
By: Marion V.Ali
- Superbond ll: The Price of a Belizean Haircut Belize needs to be more innovative!
- Investor John McAfee says GSU terrorized him
- Belizeans awarded 21 scholarships to study in Taiwan
- BTL second nationalization null and void, judge rules
- Cancer prevention, lifestyle changes, possible treatment
- Central Bank predicts several lean years
- How can Belize reap the best fruits from our agricultural sector?
- BDF wins 2012 Champions’ Cup
- Dark chocolate may lower blood pressure
- Galen University growing stronger than ever
- rene.m: Is it really GOB or the same perera filling his pocket remem…
- syoung: Sorry, I meant the 4th paragraph!…
- syoung: Hello, I would appreciate if you could make 2 corrections to…
- bznbrnbrd: All this is pretty sweet thinking but you forget we live i B…
- stuffmonger: I would like to point out the deeper implications of my dis…
- Very Concerned Citizen: The Drug business is alive and flourishing in Belize.... Sti…