Fires / General / Weekend News

Two persons rendered homeless by fire

By Marion Ali, Staff Reporter

Two persons are left homeless as a result of a fire in Belize City on Friday morning.

The blaze was reported at 9:05 a.m. on the upper flat of a two-storey concrete house at 79 Allenby Street, near St. Ignatius primary school.

Fire officials have concluded that faulty electrical wiring was the cause and a light above a bed was where the fire started.

The house, owned by a man only identified as Mr Reyes, suffered significant scorching, while the contents were destroyed. Nothing was insured.

Comments are closed.