Todler Dies after he ingests insectide

By Alexis R. Milan
Staff Reporter

A toddler from the Orange Walk district is dead after having apparently ingesting an insecticide or some other poisonous solution on Wednesday morning.

Two-year old, Gutige Usher was rushed to the Northern Regional Hospital after his mother, Rhondene Usher saw him walking out of a storeroom adjacent to the house around 10:30 a.m. with liquid that smelt of insecticide coming from his mouth.

Usher, who was hanging out clothes at the time, rushed to the toddler’s aid and washed his face with soap, gave the child some water to drink but liquid continued to come from his mouth.
The frantic mother also tried to invoke vomiting by pushing her finger into the child’s throat but that didn’t work either.
According to police, it was after this that Usher decided to call a taxi and took the child to the hospital where he was admitted to the emergency room.

Nurses and doctors on duty at the time could do very little and they did not find the child’s pulse. The toddler was pronounced dead at around 10:50 a.m.

The body awaits a post-mortem examination but police do not suspect foul play.

Comments are closed.