Girl Scout murdered!

The decomposed body of Jasmine Lowe, a 13-year-old Girl Scout from Santa Elena, Cayo District, was discovered about four miles from San Ignacio Town, shortly after midday on Wednesday, June 6, two and a half days after she went missing.

Some farm workers found Jasmine’s body  in Cristo Rey Village, about a mile outside of Santa Elena Town.

Police forensic pathologist, Dr. Mario Estrada Bran, finished his autopsy around 6:00 Wednesday evening but was unable to determine the exact cause of death due to the body’s advanced state of decomposition.

Estradra Bran did note  some superficial wounds on her body, but they were not grave enough to cause her death.

According to Jasmine’s father, Chris Lowe, his daughter probably knew her killer.

He said his daughter was picked up by a taxi cab driver somewhere near the A&R store. Area residents say the child had spoken to the driver before going into the cab.

Because of the advanced state of decomposition, Lowe said he had to bury his daughter on the family’s farm a few hours after her body was discovered.

Girl Scouts came all the way from Belize City for her funeral.

According to Senior Superintendent, Chester Williams, the officer commanding the Police’s Western Formation, the status of the investigation into Jasmine’s disappearance and death has not changed from Wednesday.

He said the police have a copy of a store’s surveillance camera which videotaped the white taxi that Jasmine entered.

He told The Reporter he does not believe the disclosure of that information  could prejudice the investigation.

Jasmine left her father’s house in Santa Elena around 2:00 Monday afternoon, June 4, to go and spend the weekend with her mother, Marisol Lowe, 32, a cosmetologist, who lives in San Ignacio Town.

Marisol reported to police that she had sent a text message to her daughter’s cell phone around 2:00 p.m., on Monday, asking her if she was coming to do her nails.

Jasmine planned to go to Belmopan to participate in the Scouts Diamond Jubilee celebration.

Marisol sent another text message  at 5:30pm, but she received no reply to either message.

She did not learn that her daughter was missing until Monday night.

Comments are closed.