Tzib remanded for stabbing and killing boyfriend

By Alexis R. Milan
Staff Reporter

Keyren Tzib, the 24-year-old Coast Guard officer who shot a fellow officer with a high-powered weapon earlier this year, has been remanded to prison after a domestic dispute in Lord’s Bank on Saturday ended in the stabbing death of her common-law husband.
The stabbing happened around 2:00 p.m. while Tzib and 30 year-old Thytis Blancaneaux, were socializing with several others at their home in the Spanish Town area of Lord’s Bank.

According to Superintendent Hilberto Romero, Officer in charge of the Crimes Investigations Branch (CIB) Eastern Division, the two were were drinking and enjoying the company.
Max Tejeda, the landlord who witnessed the incident, told The Reporter that they were all socializing when Tzib and Blancaneaux got into a bitter argument.

According to Tejeda, Blancaneaux picked up a bamboo pole and attacked Tzib, hitting her multiple times.
Eventually the argument cooled down but started up again, Tejeda recalled. When Blancaneaux approached Tzib to hit her with the stick again, she used a knife to stab him once to the shoulder.
After he was stabbed, Blancaneaux told Tejeda to call the police. He walked a short distance then collapsing to the ground in the yard just outside the kitchen. He died on the spot.

Romero said the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has instructed the police that Tzib was not to be charged for murder, considering the circumstances. Tzib was instead charged with manslaughter and remanded to the Hattieville Prison until her next date in court on September 8th.

In April of this year, Tzib was charged for shooting Coast Guard Petty Officer Kurt Hyde once in the face with an M-4 Carbine rifle after returning from an operation in San Pedro. Tzib was granted a $10,000 bail on the basis of being a first time offender, and was ordered to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

Tzib hashad a history of tumultuous encounters with colleagues, and as a result, coast guard officials sent in a disciplinary report to the Security Commission about a year ago, but nothing was done about it and she remained at the rank of Seaman in the Coast Guard.

Comments are closed.