GSU gets blamed for 4-way homicide

Residents in the George Street area are alleging that the Gang Suppression Unit (GSU) is responsible for this week’s gruesome four-way murder.

The bodies of the victims, Albert Fuentes, 19; Leonard “Ghost” Meyers, 30; Anthony Perez, 28; and Keino Quallo, 40, were found early Tuesday morning at an apartment complex on the corner of Dean and Plues Street. Each  victim had multiple stab wounds and his throat cut. There were several large pools of blood found in various sections of the apartment.

When the police arrived around 8:00 in the morning to collect the bodies and process the scene, an angry crowd of residents had gathered in the area and  began to accuse the GSU, claiming that on Monday the unit had broken the lock from the back door of the apartment complex in order for them to gain easier access sometime between Monday night and Tuesday morning.

The Reporter spoke with Elizabeth Welch, Meyers’ mother, who said that days prior to the incident she was approached by the police who warned her that her son would be killed.

Welch went on to explain that she knew the occupants of the apartment, and neither they nor her son were the type to open the door for strangers.

At Tuesday’s mid-afternoon press conference Prime Minister Dean Barrow refuted those allegations, saying that there is photographed evidence that there was no damage to the lock on the back door.

Acting Commissioner of Police Allen Wyllie strongly denied the involvement of the police in the murders and assured the public that the department’s top investigators have been assigned to the case.

Vallen Perez, Anthony Perez’s mother, told the media that her son comes every morning at 3 a.m. to help with preparing food, which the family sells during the day. Eyewitnesses say that two of the victims were seen outside of the building at around eleven p.m. on Monday night, which puts their time of death between 11p.m. and 3a.m.

As police investigations continue, no motive has been established, and no suspects detained. The incident brings the murder rate  to eight murders in the first eight days of 2013.

Comments are closed.