The Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina this month celebrates its 60th anniversary of providing Belizean hospitality – years which have allowed the Hotel, through training and service, to become a leader in Belize’s hospitality industry.
The Fort George has come a long way since it first opened its doors in 1953. Several renovations over the years have included the addition of the Club Tower and the Villa Annex.
Fort George Hotel joined the Radisson chain in 1990, and the hotel continues to improve while retaining its Colonial charm and its position as an impressive Belize City landmark. It remains the first choice for heads of state, celebrities, dignitaries, business travellers and tourists alike.
The Radisson strives to serve its guests with superior service. It recently renovated its business-class rooms with amenities to accommodate business travellers, a spa to aid in relaxation and pampering, and to increase and upgrade the hotel’s fleet of transportation for tours.
It is all part of a global Ambition 2015 programme which focuses primarily on the hotel’s growth strategy, which the Carlson Group announced at its global conference in 2010. The new strategy is aimed at enhancing Carlson’s image as a group offering new and improved approaches to upgraded services and products.
The Ambition 2015 strategy has resulted in global growth in the Radisson Brand and the membership of the Club Carlson Loyalty Program has doubled over the past three years, the Carlson Group announced.